074: Shared Mission (Matthew Purkey)Mar 22, 2021
When your organization is tasked with taking care of the community’s needs, it seems obvious where your focus should be.
But listen to my conversation with Matthew Purkey, CEO of United Way of Allen County, and his For Love of Team story and you’ll hear some surprising things.
“Instead of focusing on all the community needs, I focused on the team and the team took care of the community needs.”
That sounds like For Love of Team to me!
Tune into this episode and you’ll get:
- The 2 surprising leadership options a teacher gave Matthew
- The lessons from serving in the Marine Corps that easily translated to civilian life
- The cliche business word that actually drives leadership excellence
- How overcomplicating our work can lead to crisis
- What you need to focus on for long-term success
- How serving our team internally led to massive outward results
- Why measuring success might be the wrong measure in your business
- Listening to the community and telling the community are 2 different things
- Why you never want to say, “I wasn’t here when that decision was made”
- How to clearly communicate the organization’s priorities to the team
- Having a big “why” is critical for mission success
- Moving beyond transactions to relationships
And you’ll hear the For Love of Team retreat options and why making the investment today will serve you for years to come.
When you’re ready to Multiply your Impact, your Income, your Margin and your Freedom in business, join hand-selected business owners just like you in an upcoming...
For Love of Team™ Intensive:
Coming Virtually & In-Person beginning April 2021
Our intimate, immersive and interactive 2.5 day experience:
1) Sharpens your focus by doing more of the work you love
2) Simplifies your business processes.
3) Surrounding yourself with others doing the work that they love
For Love of Team™ Intensive is an invitation-only event. To connect with Winston to see if this is a fit, book a 35 minute exploratory session using this link.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.